Players may play up one age division under the following circumstances:
- The player’s parent submits a written request to the club administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the player to try-out for the team one division older than their own OR a coach may submit a request on behalf of the parent, with the parent’s full knowledge and consent, for the player to try-out for the team one division older than their own.
- At no additional cost to the player, with respect to tryout fees, the player must attend both the tryout session of the older team as well as the tryout session for their own age group.
At each tryout session, the player will be evaluated by the coaching
staffs of both teams and the Tryout Director.
- The player being considered must be evaluated by the Tryout Director as being one of the top two players in their own age group over-all based on the players in attendance at both the regularly scheduled try-out session and the make-up session.
The player being considered must be evaluated by the Tryout
Director as being one of the top six players over-all in the
older age group based on the players in attendance at both
the regularly schedule try-out session and the make-up
- To clarify, this means that the player would likely be a starting member of the National team, not as compared to the top six on the lower Regional team.
- The player being considered must be accepted onto the team by the coaching staff of the older National team.
Provided the player’s parents, coaches and Tryout Director all agree, the player will, at this point, be permitted to play for the older team.
Note: A player is not considered to be playing up if the player’s
birth date is after the cut-off date of August 31st, meaning they
qualify, age-wise, to play at one level but the majority of players in
her school grade are playing at the higher age level.
Example, if you are a high school sophomore who age-wise can play USAV 15s, you may play on a USAV 16s team and NOT be considered to be playing up.
Also, if there is no team at the player’s age group (i.e. USAV 12s), a player may try-out and play for the 13s team without having the policy above apply to them.
Page Last Updated: Thursday, September 05, 2013